My Favorite Brushes At The Moment

Before I start this post, I want to say that because I'm going back to school next week, I'm going to change my blog schedule. From now on I will post three to four times a week - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday. This will allow me to get more time for planning, taking pictures, write posts, and other blog related stuff. 

I love makeup brushes. I remember when I started out with makeup that I only had a few brushes, and now a few years later I have a lot more from different brands. My favorite brands when it comes to brushes are Real Techniques and Jessup Brushes from eBay. I have not tried any Sigma or Zoeva brushes, but I hope I get to do that in the future. 


Recently I've fell in love with the Black/Silver 15 Piece brush set from Jessup that I bought off eBay. I've heard a lot about the brushes, and for the cheap price these are sold for, I had to get my hands on them. I've been using the Jessup brushes for about a month now, and I have to say, I love these more than my Real Techniques ones. So today I will be sharing my favorites from the 15 Piece brush set from Jessup. 


The first three brushes I love at the moment are these blending brushes from the set. These brushes are called Blending, Tapered Blending, and Small Tapered Blending. The brushes blend and applies product like a dream - I have not tried any blending brushes as good as these. I use the blending brush and the tapered blending brush for applying product in my crease or the outer corner of my eyes, and the small tapered blending brush for blending. 


Next brush is the Tapered Face brush, and this brush has got to be my favorite of all of these brushes. As of now I use this brush to apply my powder, both under the eyes and to set my face. The brush is very soft, and it feels amazing on the skin. A thing that I really like about this brush is that product does not get set or stuck in to the brush, so the brush looks clean after applying the product - and because of that, it can be used for blending later on. This brush can be used for so many things, like applying bronzer, blush, and so on. 


Next brush is the Powder/Blush brush, and this is a brush that I've been loving for applying my bronzer. This brush is soft, and can also be used to blend out product, because the product that it picks up does not get set or stuck in to the brush. This brush can also be used to contour, because it is more flat than round. 


The Tapered Highlighter is a favorite for applying highlighter. It is the perfect sized brush for applying highlighter to the cheeks, nose and so on, and it's also a perfect size for applying powder underneath the eyes, and to contour with.

The last brush that I've been loving is the large fluff brush. This brush can be used to a lot, but I've mainly used it to pack eyeshadow on my eyelid, and to contour my cheek bones and my nose. It is not good for blending out product, but for applying, it's been a really good brush. 

Because I've been loving the 15 Piece set from Jessup so much, I'm thinking about buying some of the other sets off eBay. These brushes are known for being dupes for the Sigma brushes, so trying the kabuki set and the 12 Piece set is something I really want to do. If i do buy them, I will let you know what I think of them!

/ Have you tried the Jessup Brushes? What are your thoughts on them? 

No comments